This recipe has endless possible combinations and variations. Don't be afraid to experiment - if you have a blender, add any kind of fresh or frozen fruit. Bananas, pears, and apples pair especially well with Chai. You can use fruits like this instead of using honey or maple syrup to sweeten your smoothie.
- 2 cups milk (Any kind will work: dairy, soy, coconut, almond, etc.)
- 1/2 C chia seeds
- 1/2 C Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. Rockerbox Chai Spice
- Honey or maple syrup, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender or mason jar and mix for 1 minute until completely smooth.
- You can drink it immediately, but the texture will be better after the chia seeds have had some time to gel. They'll absorb a lot of the liquid in the smoothie, thickening the overall texture.
TIP: When I'm in a rush, I avoid using a blender (so I have one less thing to clean), and opt for a mason jar and a blender ball, instead. Blender balls can be used for a lot of things, for example mixing up salad dressings.