- 6 ears fresh sweet corn
- 6 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Rockerbox Sweet Corn Rub
- 1/3 C fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 C Cotija cheese (Substitutes: Parmesan, Feta)
- Cook the 6 ears of sweet corn in your favorite way: boil, grill, etc.
How I cook corn: I prefer to husk the corn and and place it in cool water on the stovetop. When the water comes to a boil, you know the corn is perfectly cooked. This is my favorite way to cook corn because it's foolproof: it's really hard to overcook the sweet corn this way, which means it'll taste that much better and won't lose its juicy texture or become overly starchy-tasting. Take the corn out as soon as the water comes to a boil. (As long as it's in the water, it will continue to cook, even after you turn the heat off.)
- While your corn is cooking, mix together: Mayo, Sweet Corn Rub, chopped cilantro (reserving 1 Tbsp. aside), and lime juice.
- Slather the seasoned mayo mixture directly onto the ears of corn, and sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Serve with plenty of napkins!
To make Sweet Corn Salad: Instead of spreading the mayo mixture directly onto the whole ears of corn, cut the kernels from the cob, and then mix the seasoned mayo into the corn, like a salad dressing. Top with cheese and cilantro, and serve.